Deadline: All travel fund requests must be received by March 3, 2023.
Statement of Purpose
The Midwestern Section of the American Society of Plant Biologists is committed to professional development for students and postdocs by providing a stimulating venue for scientific discussions for all plant biologists. To enhance participation, the ASPB-MW Travel Fund will provide undergraduate and graduate students, and postdocs, with funds up to $500 toward travel to present their work at the annual meeting.
All student and postdoc members of the Midwestern Section of ASPB are eligible for the awards. Please make certain to register and pay your sectional dues prior to submission of your application.
Applications will be reviewed by the Midwestern Section Executive Committee and awarded based on need, type of presentation, and increasing diversity and participation among underrepresented groups. In most cases, we anticipate that faculty advisors will be attending the event, but this is not a requirement.
The application must include the following items, in numerical order, saved as a .pdf file in 12 point font (Arial or Times):
- Applicant’s name and e-mail address.
- Category: postdoc, graduate student, undergraduate student
- Gender: cisgender, transgender, nonbinary, do not wish to disclose
- Are you a U.S. Veteran? Yes/No
- Are you disabled? Yes/No
- Presentation title, authors, institutional affiliations, and abstract (10 sentences maximum) that will be submitted to the conference
- Indicate presentation format: oral presentation or poster.
- Itemize estimated amount for all travel expenses to be incurred, including: registration fee, hotel accommodation, airfare, and/or ground transportation.
- Indicate any other source(s) of funding you will have to cover expenses that exceed the travel award amount:
Please e-mail the completed application to Sen Subramanian (Senthil.firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, March 3, 2023. The subject of the email should read: “MWASPB travel fund request [your name]”.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail prior to the March 10th abstract submission deadline. Awards will be distributed electronically to the recipients after the meeting.