All travel fund requests must be received by March 1, 2019.
Statement of Purpose
The Midwestern Section of the American Society of Plant Biologists is committed to professional development for students and postdocs by providing a stimulating venue for scientific discussions for all plant biologists. To enhance participation, the ASPB-MW Travel Fund will provide undergraduate and graduate students, as well as postdocs, with funds toward travel to present their work at the annual meeting.
All student and postdoc members of the Midwestern Section of ASPB are eligible for the awards. Please make certain to register and pay your sectional dues prior to submission of your application.
Applications will be reviewed by the Midwestern Section Executive Committee and awarded based on need, type of presentation (participants giving talks will be given priority), and distance and cost of travel. In most cases, we anticipate that faculty advisers will be attending the event, but this is not a requirement.
The Application should be concise and to the point and must include:
- Name and e-mail address.
- Category (postdoc, graduate student, undergraduate student)
- The project title, authors, affiliations, and abstract that will be submitted to the conference
- Indication if you will be presenting a talk or a poster.
- A budget and justification for the travel expenses to be incurred (including transportation, lodging, and registration).
- Plan to cover expenses that exceed the travel award amount.
Please e-mail the completed application to Harkamal Walia (email@example.com) by Friday, March 1, 2019. The subject of the email should read: “MWASPB travel fund request”.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail prior to the March 8th abstract submission deadline. Cash awards will be distributed to the recipients at the end of the meeting.